Growth Marketing LeadFlexible Working Full-time HEX (the Hacker Exchange) posted 4 months ago
Our new Growth Marketing Lead needs to be someone who’s up for a challenge. This role will suit someone who loves being hands on with campaign execution, but also ready to be stretched into more strategic responsibilities. Working closely with the CEO and Chief Growth Officer, you will blend business strategy with data-driven marketing and creative flair. You’ll always have ROI and revenue generation front of mind. You’ll be ready to design and execute growth experiments, have a keen eye and ear for market trends. You’ll also be understand and be able to execute many of the the technical aspects of marketing – both front end (like socials) and back end (like automations). As a strong communicator, you’ll embody the gutsy HEX brand and have an instinct for connecting with Gen Z. You’re ready to work hard, and push boundaries (yours and ours!). You’re ready for a steep learning curve and are the kind of curious person who will always do their own investigation first. You want to work, learn and grow with a flexible, award-winning team with a strong meme game, inspiring leadership and a global mission.
- Mid-level marketing pro looking for strategic ownership and accountability in a fun and fast-moving startup team.
- 5+ years in marketing or comms role (or equivalent experience where you can show how you helped to drive growth).
- Experience developing and executing marketing campaigns and calendars.
- You need to be an exceptional writer, comfortable writing long-form blogs, to social media captions, and marketing emails.
- ROI focussed. You understand marketing metrics, how to report performance and measure improvement (including Google Analytics, SEO & SEM).
- You’ll be a brand champion, working within brand guidelines, and adapt them for various channels.
- Proficient with CRM systems and email automations (using a system like ActiveCampaign, Hubspot or similar).
- Proficient with basic design tools such as Canva or Adobe (or willing / able to learn). You don’t need to be a designer – but you need to know when something is breaking brand guidelines or just looks wrong.
- Proficient with social media scheduling and management.
- Strong stakeholder management skills. Be ready to build your network, fast.
- You understand the business drivers for marketing. You’re looking for an environment where you can prove your ability to make a difference to the bottom line.
- Nimble and motivated. You move fast, are self-driven and responsive
- Onto it. You keep up with the latest marketing trends and new platforms and let us know when we need to make moves. And with our youthful target market, you have an instinct for what makes Gen Z tick.
About the role
Marketing Strategy and Execution
- Drive all digital acquisition channels and marketing automations to deliver our online traffic and lead gen targets.
- Develop an annual strategy and calendar of marketing activities to meet key business goals.
- Develop a customer acquisition strategy for new HEX products.
- Develop social and content campaigns and project manage content deliverables.
- Support the delivery of HEX newsletter.
- Manage, develop and support relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide data analysis and metric reporting to the team on a regular basis.
- Be a brand ‘tone of voice’ champion, and write high-quality content aimed at external audiences.
- Occasionally support CEO and leadership team with important business communications (annual reports, PR & media, keynote speeches).
- Develop and own agency and freelancer relationships to support in strategy execution.
- Potential to hire a Digital Marketing Coordinator in the future to support you in this role.
Product and Programming Support
- Support Product Manager and CXO with product-specific content and copy when required.
- Back up the team when we’re delivering programs, events and Hackathons. This might include some weekend and after hours work (you get time off in lieu).
- Supporting our Events and Programs Producer with community events and activities.